This guide is brilliant. While I had been feeding my ferrets meat for the majority of their lives thus far, we recently started adding more to their diet. When Dasanix’s poop consistency changed quite a bit, I wanted to make sure that the results were common of predominately meat-fed diets.
It may sound gross to non- or neophyte ferret owners, but mommies and daddies become excrement experts. Ferrets have very short, very simple digestive systems. It takes approximately three hours for food to be consumed, digested, and then exit the body. Examination of fecal matter gives us quick feedback on the probable health of our ferrets while helping us to hopefully and quickly spot potential medical problems.
5 Notes/ Hide
- vakarian-heart-throb reblogged this from thelifeofmyferrets
- bearly-normal-ursa reblogged this from thelifeofmyferrets
- zombieletsfight likes this
- thelifeofmyferrets reblogged this from ferretales and added:
- gcfa reblogged this from ferretales
- ferretales posted this