Volunteer Opportunity - Open Board Positions
The GCFA Board of Directors (BOD) currently has two open Director positions. We are seeking current GCFA members who are interested in volunteering to fill these positions which ends in April 2015. Candidates interested in a position on the BOD must have the time to commit to the position. These positions are vital to keeping the shelter open caring for homeless ferrets. Board members, in addition to any volunteering at the shelter shall be responsible for:
- Determining the organization’s mission and purpose.
- Provide proper financial oversight. (Budgeting/planning)
- Ensure adequate resources. (Make sure things can get done.)
- Ensure effective organizational planning. (Are programs in place to further the mission and goals of the organization?)
- Enhance the organization’s public standing. (This is telling the world about the organization and recruiting new members and support.)
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services. (Managing overall operations including fund raising.)
- Support the board president and the shelter director.
Any interested members should send an email to our Board President, Martha Cannon. Please include a short bio and why you are interested in this position; how can you help us help the ferrets that find their way to our shelter and how can we keep this organization open caring for ferrets for the next 20 years.